Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daffodils!!!!!!!!!


This weekend I was at Trader Joe's and the daffodils were in!!!!!  Every year I look for them in the Spring - it is so nice to be able to grab five or so bunches and put them all into one vase to make a huge bouquet. 

For some reason when I told my family I had gotten the daffodils I called them daffodil down dillies...of course everyone looked at me like I was a bit daft (that happens a lot around here) and I wondered where my little brain (something Madison used to say) had gotten that bit of silliness.

After a bit of research I found this nursery rhyme....


Daffy-down-dilly
Has come to town
With a yellow petticoat
And a pretty green gown.
 and here she is...Miss Daffy-down-dilly!  So - I am not daft after all!

Here is a little something else that always makes me thing of Spring...the sweet little birdies that my Honey (my grandfather) made many years ago.  Two little peepers with their mouths wide open waiting for the worm that Daddy has brought.

This is my contribution to Spring - a little 'Charm Tree'.  This one is filled with Spring flowers and even a few little Spring bugs...I am working on what the Summer charms will be.
Spring is such a fleeting thing...it lasts only about as long as these daffodils will...so go take a walk or pull some weeds in your garden before that crazy Summer sets in!

xoxo     Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment