Sunday, August 28, 2011

Braiding Bread!

Last year we learned how to make a wonderful Butternut Squash soup...and sometime around then I found a recipe for Butternut Squash bread.  It took me a while but I finally made it the other day - and was it ever worth the wait!

I  found the recipe while cruising from blog to blog checking things out  - click here to see the recipe.
One hint that it is going to be good is that it has brown sugar in it!
Look at that gorgeous colour...and it just smells so good while you are mixing it, then while it rises, and again while it is cooking!
Now a little patience is required while the dough does it's rising...
So...covered with one of my wonderful towels hand made by Auntie G...we wait...
there it is....
it just amazes me every time!


The braiding isn't as hard as you would think...of course I just did what I thought would work!  There might be some special baker's braiding technique that I am not aware of!

This recipe makes two loaves...so you'll have plenty to invite friends over or share with a neighbor.  We were going to do that - but....we ate it all!!!
Voila!  Braided Butternut Squash bread...isn't it just something that you can make wonderful things like this right in your own kitchen!?
Don't forget...one of the first rules of bread making - you must sample it warm and delicious right out of the oven!

I want to send out a big Thank You to Stacy for bringing baking back into my life.  I used to bake a long time ago and for some reason I stopped.  It was so nice to cook with Stacy and Tatum this last year and get back to some baking!

Now off you go, bake some bread and enjoy!

xoxo        Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment