Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eggs...In A Cup!

Down through the generations in our family...if you were a little sick, or maybe down in the dumps, or just wanted to feel special there is a food that Nonnie's, Grammy's and Mommy's would always prepare...

Eggie In A Cup!!!!!

Have you had it!?

This last week we had sickies in our house so this Mommy made Eggie In A Cup.  It's easy peasy and just tastes so yummy!

First of all - do you have one of these?
Mine is old (of course!) and the newer ones have Teflon in the eggie cups so it makes for less scrubbing.
The way this pan works is water goes in under the little egg cups...about half full...then
I put a teeny bit of butter in each little cup (sometimes I just spray them with cooking spray), put the heat on medium and wait for it to melt a bit...
While I am waiting I choose my bowls...this little gnome-y guy is from a set that my mom and sis gave me - is he so cute!!!!!!  By the way can't wait to see Gnomeo and Juliet!!! It has all my favorite things in it - gardens, flamingos, gnomes........just adorable.

Ok, so I have my bowls picked out...and you can see my eggies up there waiting to go.  The butter is melty and in go the eggs...

With these four eggs I am going to make two Eggie In A Cup - or as you've noticed by now Eggie In A Bowl.  My Nonnie called it Eggie In A Cup so what ever it is placed in it will always be Eggie In A Cup to me! For some reason Madison doesn't like eggs - go figure - and so this is not her comfort food.  I think that for her it would be Seven Layer Chocolate Cake!  These Eggie In A Cup will be for Lane and I.
The trick here is to get the eggs cooked just right...not hard-boiled and not to gooey - cause that's just yucky!  So just lift the lid every so often and take a peek.
Not quite done...so I will get my bread ready...
I tear up a slice and a half of bread into each bowl - you can also use saltine crackers - that tastes great too.  And then check the eggies again...
Looking perfect - time to dump them in the bowls...
 add some salt and pepper and mix it all up together...
As my friend, Annie, would say "yu-um!"

So that's our Eggie In A Cup comfort food - don't wait to get sick...just try it for the comfort part!

xoxo     Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment