Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Outside...

We just don't get out enough...we want to...we say we are going to...and then we do a craft.

So the other day the girlies and I took a little walk in our neighborhood...
We live in a nice old (I mean that in a good way) neighborhood.  There are lots of trees, (but they prune them all wrong...and I've tried to tell the city workers, but for some reason they don't want to hear it!?) quaint older homes, our neighborhood pool and friendly people.

Madison and I both brought our cameras...
This is her new camera!!!!!!  She saved up and with a little help from a savings bond treated herself.  Someday when she is a photo journalist for National Geographic you can say "I knew her when!"
I always take a picture of her...

 and she always takes a picture of me!  Do you like my style - with the pinky up? 

We headed out to explore a little and get out the oogly booglies.
Sisters...what a wonderful thing!

I read a story once (a true one) about a mom whose sons always brought her heart shaped rocks...and even as grown ups out on their own they still find them and send them to her...how sweet is that!?   Well, I found something along that vein on my walk...
the cutest little heart shaped patch of grass in the sidewalk.

Down at the end of our street is a very unusual house and gardens.  The house actually backs up to the creek and from the road on the opposite side of the creek there is a great view.  There are beautiful rock walls that go down to the water and the house actually looks like it belongs in ancient Rome.

This is what we can see as we walk by... 


The walls are so pretty and the bright green shrubs are pruned in interesting shapes.

I just love rock walls...and I have always wanted to go into these gardens and wander around. 

We had our little outing (the oogly booglies were at bay) and I am determined that we will do this more often...and maybe even venture out farther...

I am going on a search for wonderful 'nature' places not too far from us - I will keep you posted on my findings.

xoxo    Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment