Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Hate Painting!!!!!!!!!!

Let me clarify that...I love water colour painting...in fact I would love to be doing that right now - it's house painting that I am not fond of.

Have you ever started a project and then wished with all your might that you never had?


Here is my pantry...I know that I am very lucky to have a pantry (thank you Daddy!), but right now it is the bane of my existence!!!!!!!!!

I had a little idea to sort of rearrange this pantry - and my hubby said well as long as you are rearranging take all the stuff out and I will paint it for you - this is where I heard warning bells but ignored them...

I really didn't need a big project right then...(the ballet studio has a performance coming up, the house is a mess, I have sewing to do, etc. etc. and so forth...) but  I unloaded all the stuff that had been jammed in there over the years...
why do we have at least 8 boxes of cereal ???  Well everyone likes a different kind...then rice krispies (or the cheap imitation) went on sale and you need those around for rice krispy treats and Brian went to Costco and couldn't resist the HUGE Box of corn flakes...

I found three boxes of candy canes!?  I think I was going to make peppermint bark and never did.  
There were some things in there that I didn't even remember that we had...like the very cool back pack picnic set - planning a picnic right now to use that!

So, all the items were out and Brian began the painting...but what we didn't think about is that it is a very small area and he has a bad back - you can see the writing on the wall here I am sure...

I painted the rest of the pantry - and I hated it!!!!!!!  Because it hadn't been painted before it took tons of coats to get it to look nice (yes we should have used a primer) and it truly was uncomfortable painting in that tiny space!  My mood just kept getting worse as the days of our kitchen filled with food from the pantry went on and on.  What should have been a few hours was turning into days and days because there were other things that needed to be attended to - like school, meals, ballet, life!

Any way enough whining (I am really good at it though)  it is finally coming along and I want to show you something I did to make it a bit cuter.

I bought some funky little boxes at the $$$ store and decorated them!  If you go in search of this for your own pantry project these boxes come all folded up.
I got some garbage bags and printed up some vintage labels I found in 'images' on Google...
I cut a piece of the paper bag to fit the front of each box and cut out a label to decorate it with...
then sprayed glued the brown paper to the front of the box and the label onto the brown paper!!!  So for a dollar each I have these cute boxes to put crackers, chips, marshmallows and such in!
Not bad huh?  As I write this that pantry is still not finished...but my girlies have taken pity on me and they are helping me reorganize.  I became a bit overwhelmed upon seeing all those piles of food and trying to decide just how I wanted them to go back in.  And of course there are the things that I am not sure I want back in there...and just where will they go?  That my friends is another story for another day!  I will take a few pics of the finished project to show you...should be soon....I am hoping...fingers crossed...


xoxo   Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment