Monday, May 24, 2010

Got Bananas?

I have been wanting to create a breakfast treat that didn't break the bank if we happened to be doing our Weight Watcher points that particular day....in my book doing some Weight Watcher points is better than none!  But that's why my sis looks like she does - and I look like I do...another story for another day!

So I found a traditional banana muffin recipe on line and switched it up a bit.

Here goes:

*The original recipe is from recipezaar.com












You will need:

1 C white flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C quick-cooking oats
1 C brown sugar
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t nutmeg
2 t cinnamon (because if one is good two is better!)
2 or 3 mashed over-ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 vanilla yogurt OR 1 C applesauce
2 t vanilla (again if one is good......)



These beeeutiful eggs are from my friend Stacy - Thanks!!








































You'll want to cook this at 375 degrees -

In one bowl mix your dry ingredients - both flours ,oatmeal, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.



In another bowl mix the other stuff - mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt or applesauce.  Stir these until combined and then pour into the dry mix and stir til just mixed.


Spoon your batter into greased muffin tins - I like to make them kinda full - and then it makes a dozen.


Now put them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes...test with a toothpick - when it comes out clean they are ready!  Let them cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 or 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and let them finish cooling.

In closing I want to say that I got up early to cook these muffins - those of you that know me may not believe this BUT it is true...and I was rewarded with the most beautiful sunshine streaming in through my kitchen windows!  Something that I usually am not aware of as I don't hit the kitchen before 10 or so on a normal day.  So whether you rise early and see the sunshine or rise later and have someone tell you about it.... make some muffins and enjoy your day!

xoxo   Elizabeth

PS    FYI  this muffin is about 4 WW points!

No comments:

Post a Comment