Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One woman's trash is another woman's treasure OR this makes me happy...

The other day I was sitting at my dining room table working on a project...I looked around at this


and I realized that this makes me very happy!   Now, I understand that for most people that would not be their first thought about the contents of this table.  Their first thought would more likely be - EEK! I need to clean up this mess...


Not me - I am sitting in the midst of all this and feeling happy!  No really I was...let me explain.

As I was working away I realized that everything I needed to make my project (and probably about 9 others) was right there in front of me.

  • Stamping supplies
  • Glue
  • Ruler
  • Coloured pencils
  • Paint
  • More glue (a different kind of course)
  • A bowl of beads
  • My iced coffee (yu-um  left-over coffee, lots of ice, 1 tsp sugar, and some french vanilla creamer)
  • Way in the back you can see a frame - that is the coolest flamingo pic that needs some work before I can hang it up...
  • My glasses (well there's the case the glasses were probably perched on my nose)



  • There is the globe in case I suddenly need to know the location of a certain place
  • Paper
  • I think I see a camera tripod in there - don't really need that ???
  • My sharpies - can't live without those sharpies...in fact I just bought more at Walmart because they were only $2 for a pack of 8 or so!
  • More stamping supplies
  • More paper
Now once in a while I stack like things together, throw away some bits of trash, maybe put a few things away...but pretty much it can be known to stay like this for days.


Here's the other side of the table...

  • Paper punches
  • Scissors
  • Way in the back is the hair dye solution to remind me to go and buy the colour because I am looking a bit gray...
  • Of course the usual two forms of communication
  • The planner that the girlies and I bought at the $ store - sounded like such a good idea until we found out it only went til December...
  • Brian's fancy leather book that holds his info for Preservation Big Band is under the planner
  • I see the paper cutter
  • Oh, some left over orange juice from breakfast (which was probably eaten at around 12...you know us the early risers!)
So, for now this little mess is making me happy - I am getting a bee in my bonnet to have a dinner party though...then this mess will have to go and I will wonder why I ever let it get like that in the first place!


And believe it or not this same table can actually look like this!!!!!!!

Now I am going to go and plan my menu...


xoxo    Elizabeth














1 comment: